World Orangutan Events (WOE) Policy
- Support orangutan conservation and/or welfare,
- Promote positive relationships between orangutan organizations,
- Not use social or other media to seek to bring another member into disrepute and,
- Use public donations for primary purpose of orangutan conservation and/or welfare.
WOE events must be:
- Open to participation of all members, and
- Be able to support conservation and/or welfare of all participating members.
Event ‘Activities’ Policy
- WOE seeks each member organization to nominate one (1) event ‘activity’ to participate in each the WOE event.
- WOE will publicize the ‘activities’ and success of each member’s nominated activity through WOE social media network.
- WOE partner events ‘activities’ can include, but no limited to: fundraising events, fundraising drives, competitions, and petitions, either conducted in the physical and/or virtual environment.
Social Media Posting Policy
All WOE social media post must:
- Be directly related to a WOE event or member’s ‘activity’, or
- An orangutan related news, or press clippings from free media (not media releases of partner organization), or
- Any non-partisan petitions related to orangutan conservation and welfare.
Will state the above policy and provide equal billing and opportunity to all partner organizations.
WOE will not seek, nor accept donations.